Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

The past few months

Hi @Shaz51 @Carlo @Snowy @Blackbird11 @Appleblossom and many other friends I have forgotton - 

Hope you are all doing okay.  I needed a break and not sure if i will be on here daily like I used to.  I've had to give myself some self care and boundaries.

Talking about boundaries - I am not speaking with my parents.  after constant negative comments and not 'allowed' to see my dad I decided 'that was it' i couldn't take it from her anymore. So i took the huge step of no contact at all. i stopped.  haven't seen my dad since April and yet it is still hurting me - but - at this moment i had no choice.

My daughter is having an engagement party in Nov.  She decided to post a registered invite to them expecting it sent back.  Well after a week of posting it - it was sent back saying 'we will not be attending'.  no congratulations, wishing you all the best.  Nothing!!!  So my daughter has told me that she will NOT invite them to her wedding next year.  I don't blame my daughter as she has been disrespected as a granddaughter. All because she (mum) wants to get back at me.

It is very sad and hurtful that my parents will not attend but it is what it is and i can't control what they do.

I am working very hard with my GP, psych and psychologist.  On a new med started today to try and level out my intense emotions and mood.  hoping it works.

my youngest son is having a fantastic time overseas.  he and his gf have travelled to quite a few different countries while in the UK.

His gf applied for a teaching job back home, had a phone interview and got the job.  so she will be back before Feb and my son will either come back same time or travel to Italy to see family then come home.  i can't believe they have been os for 18 months now.  time has gone by very quickly.

about 2 months ago i made contact with a relative that i hadn't seen for 40 years.  we reconnected and i went to see her.  it was an emotional meeting but really nice.

Then a month later i reconnected with my best friend of high school who I hadn't seen for 36 years.  they live interstate but were travelling down south.  so hubby and i caught up with them for 3 days at a caravan park and i surprised her.  it was the BEST 3 days lots and lots of tears, laughter and sharing each others news.  even the hubby's got on.  we are catching up again early next year.

we are currently planning a 3-4 week road trip up north.  we are hoping to go late Feb once school goes back.

talking about school - i can't believe my little A is 6 now and has almost finished prep!!!  Where has that time gone?

take care my friends

bluebay xxxx

13 REPLIES 13

Re: The past few months

Hi @BlueBay 

Boundaries are healthy and something I am learning to put in place too. "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Hope the new medication goes well, it's amazing what the right medication can do.

Sounds like you and your immediate family are living fulfilling lives. Congratulations on the engagement in the family.

So good to hear you reconnecting with old family friends. It's important to have good support and fun.

Take care and enjoy the fun of planning a road trip 🙂 

Hello @BlueBay 

So good to hear about your update 

Wow miss A is 6 

I am now a grandma to 2 now 🙂

@Blackbird11 , @Appleblossom , @Snowie , @Emelia8 

Oh @BlueBay 

Such good news and sad news all mixed together.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mum and Dad. I know you have had a hard time with your mum for a long time now. Perhaps it is best for your mental health. But I can acknowledge that it is very painful for you too.

So happy to hear about your daughter and son. Sounds like they are living out their dreams. They also sound like two very happy and intelligent people. You should be proud of how you have raised them, they are a reflection of you.

It's nice to hear that you have made contact with people you haven't seen for such a long time.

Wow, little A has almost finished prep. I hope she has enjoyed it. My oldest has about a week of school left, then exams then she has finished school. Time does go fast.

I'm so glad you have your supports around and are working with them. Also planning things to look forward to sounds like such a nice idea. Something to work towards.

I hope today goes well for you

Snowie xoxo

Hey @BlueBay such a lovely surprise to hear from you.  ♥😊  Thank you for the update on where things are at for you. I am always interested to know.

I am very happy to hear that most of your news is very positive. 😄♥ The exception being the ongoing issue of your mother!  😈😔  Excising her from your life (at least for now) sounds like the right call,  as hard as that call was to make 💘 Well done!  It was long overdue you put yourself first. 👍

See you around BB 🌷

hey @Emelia8 so glad to see you here.  how are things in your life? have you moved into a new place; new dog??

i have just booked all our accommodation for Feb/Mar next year to NSW coast.  I have paid some of the accommodation and some we are paying on arrival.  Now I cannot wait.  

In two weeks time we are going away for another short road trip.  Looking forward to a different scenery and change of home life.

hi @Snowie @Shaz51 @Blackbird11 @BPDSurvivor 

Hi @BlueBay 

You've been busy... the countdown is on!

A short trip sounds nice!😊

Yes @BlueBay  I moved into my new home about 3 months back now. All settled in here and happy with my purchase. 

No  🐶  as yet,  but currently in the process of looking for my perfect furbaby ♥ 

Wow that is exciting @BlueBay that you have booked a trip away. Something to look forward too.

I hope you enjoy your short trip away. Change of scenery is always a good thing.

if i don't book these trips we would never go @Snowie  I do enjoy researching all the towns and things to do at each place. Yes, change of scenery is always a good thing.

Not a nice here today, yesterday was 26 deg beautiful and warm - today rain and dark

hope you are travelling okay.  i am going to make a cup of tea and start making a tiny hangbag with recycled tshirt material.  oh yeah i will post a pic of my crochet baby blankets soon

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance