Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Hahaha @Catcakes ...... re dog-high grass ......

Your clean-up of th courtyard sounds inspiring.

I’m still throwing stuff at my case. Will repack it before I leave ..... not today’s worry ......

Thanks @Shaz51 for remembering my birthday Heart  I love the image of coffee and cake.  I'm now on day 9 of giving up sugar and I can only look with longing at the picture!  But rest assured I ate my fill of cake on my actual birthday Smiley Happy

I can see lots of cat chat on this thread so I thought I might share my current problem to see if there are any suggestions.  We've got a gorgeous timid 5 year old cat called Rosie.  A couple of months ago we adopted a rescue kitten called Lola in the hopes of them becoming friends.  So far that's not happening.  Lola can't seem to stop herself from constantly pouncing on Rosie which is turning an already nervous cat into a complete wreck.

We've tried to spray her with water to discourage the attacks but the need to 'play' seems to be so strong that she can't help herself.  Anyone got any suggestions as it's really hard to see our older cat become so unhappy Smiley Sad

@suzanne .. i havent spoken to you before so hi
Poor Rosie...Lola is just doing what kittens do unfortunately....it can be tough on an older cat...some cats click with others and some dont..hopefully when Lola grows out of the kitten phase Rosie will cope better and tolerate Lola ..even if they dont become best buds...in the meantime water spray is a good idea for teaching cats right from wrong but the sound of the spray bottle could be making Rosie nervous...most adult cats hate the pss pss sound the sprayer makes...all i can think of is that you play with Lola as much as possible...tire her out...make her use up as much of that endless kitten energy as possible...making sure you spend quality time with Rosie too so she doesnt feel like shes being replaced by a Lola...you could also maybe get a kong which gives them a small food reward for playing with it and Lola might focus in on that more than dear sweet Rosie...i also have a nervous feline baby...hes 8....at the suggestion of the vet i got him a product called feliway...it mimicks a mother cats pherimones and calms them...i use the diffuser in the loungeroom and have found my boy to be a bit less anxious...does Rosie have a favourite room in your house if so you could put it there..unfortunately its not cheap..around $100 for the inital diffuser ..bottle of feliway and refill...a bottle last about a month..then its about $50 per refill...so depending on your circumstances this might not be an option..so then engaging with Lola with toys and helping her use up as much energy as possible is probably your best shot...make sure to feed them at seperate ends of the kitchen or whetever you feed them...have a couple of water bowls ..and definately seperate litter trays...if i can think of anything else i will post and tag you....GOOD LUCK
catgirl🐾

So @catgirl@suzanne@Catcakes.... have you discovered the lighthearted "For the Love of Cats" social thread? 😄 

https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/For-The-Love-of-CATS-%EF%B8%8F/m-p/267849#M863

Evening everyone 🙂

Sorry I'm not a cat person - or pet person even though we have a dog, 4 birds, a bearded dragon and 7 chickens (ok the chickens are mine and I look after them), I don't have anything to do with the other pets!

Hi @Smc, thanks for the mention.
I know the cat thread is there but I haven’t looked at it. Not really a cat person but I love and respect all animals.😊

Thank you @catgirl (and hi Smiley Happy) there are some really great suggestions there.  I hadn't heard of feliway so I'll definiately check that out.  It sounds like we're doing some things right but might just need to up our game a bit in order to survive the kitten stage.  I'll let you know how we go with the diffuser. 

Thanks @Smc I'll check out the cat thread Smiley Happy

Hey @YTT! Don't think we've really 'met' before, so nice to meet you 🙂

Oh my goodness, for someone who isn't a pet person, you sure have a lot of animals! haha

I'm a pet person but only have a dog - would love to have some chickens like you do one day. Is there much involved in looking after them? 

A very quick "hi" and "bye" to you @Shaz51! Might see you around later 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance