Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

I'm so sorry to hear that @soul That's not fair to you...

No there's no legal document.
Mum would never put her guarantees in writing - because then she would have to honour them.

Adge

Oh shit re legal aid @Adge ., my sister has been cooking up a doozie re upcoming will , well she is executor and been in father’s ear fot years now. thought they may have been some use re legal aid

Sounds like the relationship between you and your mother isn’t a very good one @Adge. That sucks. 

Some lawyers offer a free half hour consultation so it may be worthwhile to ask them if you have any hope of getting some of those funds. I am of the understanding that unless a legal will stipulates how the proceeds are to be distributed, a spouse even one who has been estranged, will receive the estate. 

When I was separated from my husband, one of the first things I did was to change my will so that my kids would be the sole benefactors. If you can prove that you were financially dependent on your father in any way, you may have a case. 

Just be aware that a lawyer may give you false hope because it is in their best interest to take on your business. These no win, no fee lawyers, take a huge chunk of a settlement if they do win but will only usually take on such a case if they are assured that they can. 

I wish you well. I guess it shows that we should all make our intentions clear and not leave anything to chance. It’s sad that sometimes we can’t trust the ones who we think should have our back. 

Hello @TAB - can’t sleep either. I got up because my dog needed to pee. Thought it was more like 5:00am rather than 3:00am.

..🙃😸..yeah that happens re time disassociation /dog wee moments not that I know about their habits @soul lol

..its 1.30 here @soul so 4.30 at least in most of Asstrailer ie Australia?

Then I think about how tired I will be if I don’t get back to sleep. It was raining most of the day yesterday and we didn’t go out for a walk at all. Perhaps that’s why she was restless. I do have a dog flap in the door but I close it at night because sometimes she shoots outside to bark at possums and I don’t want her disturbing the neighbours @TAB

No daylight saving time here so I am an hour earlier than the other eastern states @TAB

My tired brain is trying to tell me you are in my home state SA @soul ok Xmas Island 🌴 who knows .. WA is 3 hrs out from most of Aust re daylight saving and that would make SA 2.5 ok you’re in another country lol

Sunshine State @TAB
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance