Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

@Anna88 Here's some specially for you. I hope you have a great day regardless.

45386577543762c5d89c203ca8c79f2f.jpg

@Smc thank you 🙂

Happy birthday @Anna88

Trust you can find some happiness today. 💐

@Smc, uni goes back in 4 weeks,

Currently studying B Bus marketing, I was going to do a dual management major but currently contemplating finishing with a associate deg with marketing major. 

It will depend on how this semester goes (last semester was though) and what jobs are available at the end of the semester. Kind of over studying and would like to be working despite the fact that I am studying because meaningful work is not currently a viable option. 

Interesting my gp asked me last week why I was doing marketing and not councilling, university career advisor asked the same thing at the start of my degree based on a personality type survey. 

@Determined, maybe, like me, you're not interested in counselling because there needs to be some distinction between what you do as a carer and what you do as a career....

That's an interesting point, I was talking to either Beyond Blue or Lifeline about how to talk to my depressed ex bf and I mentioned some things I'd read online about depression and the lady said "you should be a counsellor!" And I thought no way haha

Thanks for your thoughts @Faith-and-Hope.  The set-up your friend has is a brilliant idea.  At the moment Rosie is the only one who can use the catflap so she at least has an escape from the kitten.  We're dreading the day when Lola works out that she can access the garden anytime she likes also!  Hopefully she'll have calmed a little by then.

Nice to cross paths with you F&H.  I hope things are well in your world Smiley Happy

@Smc @Anna88

That is basically what I told the career advisor, I live this every day I need my work to be an escape from a caring role.  That and the fact that I would find it difficult  to not get emotionally involved with peoples situations, I'm not sure I would cope emotionally in a role like that, even here it is easy to be connected with peoples trials and feel their pain. 

She later got a better understanding why I felt that way as she was also the uni councillor who I credit for me still being at uni. Probably the best councillor I have ever seen. 

Happy  birthday @Anna88 Smiley Very HappyHeartHeart

birthday cake.jpg

@Shaz51 thank you! Looks delicious!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance