Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: LBGTIQA+ Social Space

Hey there @IsAnybodyThere, so glad to hear that everyone has been welcoming, the community is a lovely bunch of open and understanding people 😊

One tip – you can use the @ function to send a notification to the person you're responding to, in this case I believe it might be @Former-Member?

Good point. Whoops!

Thank you so much girasole. I really appreciate it. 😀

Hi @IsAnybodyThere 

I've been away from the forum for a while. I feel very alone too, but there would be others out there, even if I can’t connect with them. I’m assigned female at birth, feel more towards the male side and am attracted to men. I’m taking hormones but not sure what direction I want to take, that might not make sense. I don’t like labels. I can understand your wish of being with a woman as a woman, I’d like to be with a man as a man. 

I'm actually glad you brought this up here. I’ve been feeling incredibly isolated and overwhelmed lately.

Stay in touch x

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good evening everyone! 

What's everyone watching, reading or listening to this pride? 🎥 📕 🎵

I spend a lot of time at home because of covid and in lieu of going to big queer parties (something I used to do often) one way I feel connected to my queer identity is by engaging in queer media.

I recently watched Heart Stopper on netflix and it was so wholesome! It's a queer, teenage coming of age story with VERY HAPPY ENDING 🥰🥰🥰

So what are your recommendations? 

TuxedoCat 🏳️‍🌈

Hi @petrichor  .  I am sorry I took so long to reply. I was very glad to get your message. it made me feel better and not so alone. I think I will always have these feelings of wishing I was female, but I can't do anything about it. Thinking of lying in another females embrace as a female has always been so appealing.

I hope you are doing well. I would like to keep in touch.

Last week we bought a puppy which is essentially for me as an emotional support dog. Her name is Penny and she is a Caboodle. Very cute and kept me busier than I have been for a long time.

I would love to hear from you again.

Stay safe and well.

@IsAnybodyThere.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member Heart Stopper was 💗💗💗 I'd look forward to watching every episode each night! How lovely was it to see that relationship blossom??

@petrichor @IsAnybodyThere hello over there 😊 So nice to see you've both made a connection here 💚

Rhye_0-1654737589435.gif

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know about an upcoming Topic Tuesday on June 28th, 7pm-8:30pm AEST you might be interested in joining 😊

It will be commemorating Pride Month with our very own Peer Worker @Former-Member as our special guest sharing some of their lived experience.

It will have a particular focus on finding and connecting with community, healing, and affirming our identities. We hope this will resonate with you, and would love to see you there if you can make it! 💗 Allies and carers are welcome in the conversation too

Check it out here:  Topic Tuesday: Pride Month 🌈

@petrichor @IsAnybodyThere @CFH @BlueTrane @outlander @eth @Adge @NatureLover @Fluttershy1 @Shaz51 @TheVorticon @The-red-centaur @Eden1919 @Schitzo 

Hi @IsAnybodyThere 

how are you? How’s little Penny? Is she settling in ok? A puppy sounds lovely 😊 caboodles are adorable! 

I’m ok, sorry I haven’t been in touch until now. I haven’t been able to go online much. 

When you say there’s nothing you can do about being female, if you would like to share, what do you mean? I know how I feel about not being able to come out or transition ‘fully’ because of my family and also because I’m scared and don’t really know how I would cope or what it would work out to mean for me. Hard to explain.

Take good care and would be good to stay in touch x

Hi @Former-Member 

hope you’re doing well after covid.

I liked ‘man in an orange shirt’.

I haven’t done anything for pride month. I’m trying to ‘fit in’ and that’s the opposite of coming out, at least where I am… but I’m ok. 

Take care x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance