Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: LBGTIQA+ Social Space

@Captain24 that absolutely warms me to hear! Maybe that added layer of privacy and anonymity can help with feelings of safety, and especially knowing that it would be within an open and accepting community 😊

I will keep you in mind hun, no pressure either way 😉

I now get the closet analogy @Jynx 

@Captain24 😂😂

Hey @Jynx 

I would join the hub if there were other people interested. 

Oh yay @Ainjoule that's awesome! Feel free to tag anyone else who might be interested too 😊

@Jynx wrote:

Even if you're not 100% sure on your identity, there's always room in the community for folks who are questioning, you'd be super welcome! But totally your choice, whatever you're most comfy with 😉

That's good to know, @Jynx . The Hub sounds like a fantastic idea!

I'm not usually around in the evenings, but I'm aware most other people are. (I get depressed after dark and my functioning level goes way down)

I hope lots of people jump on board for you 🙂

Hey @Jynx 

Statistically....something like 10% of people would fall into this community. I wonder if it's something you have to build to see if people join. People may hesitate about self identifying on the open forums, but hopefully would join a hub. Are lists of memberships to hubs available publicly is a question I have? Also I wonder if we should start a new thread to highlight this one? I appreciate the thread thriftiness but it's hard to finder older threads with the way the forum is currently designed. Just a couple of thoughts...

I'll let @Jynx respond in terms of the space @Ainjoule , but I'm definitely keen to hear about any ideas you have in terms of navigating the forums. As you know, we are given the forums a bit of a facelift and part of this is not just about the look of the forums, but enhanced useability.

@Ainjoule , I'm not sure if you know, but we actually have a LGBTQIA Hub. This is a pilot hub. Once it's properly set up, would you be interested in connecting to that space?

Hey @tyme ,

Things I like about the forums is definitely the notification system....that's awesome! But things I don't like about the forums is that you have to go check in multiple places to see if any threads have been posted to...i.e. lived experience vs carers and then latest discussions vs latest posts. And I like the way the threads are laid out in the preview section but there isn't enough information about threads in the display that happens once you go past the preview section...specifically how  how many posts to that thread there are would be helpful. 

As far as connecting to the LGBTQIA hub, yeah I think so...I identify as bi....but I don't self-identify openly often in real life, so I don't feel like the greatest advocate of the community. But yeah, connecting with the hub would be cool. 

And @tyme 

Thought I would mention that when I initially started browsing the forums I thought the previewed posts on the main page were all there are, so I was confused as these seem to move slowly....then I discovered the fast moving latest posts section....I'm not sure how you marry that into one more useful page. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance