Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Can schizoaffective disorder make someone feel like people are against them?

@Mon0497 Hi Mon0497 I can only speak for myelf here but my meds do not settle me. It is like being a wild horse, a brumby if you like and having a bridle put on you. I only take them to keep me out of the public hospital which is so awful ....   sorry to hear about your daughter. I really hope tings improve for her.

Re: Can schizoaffective disorder make someone feel like people are against them?

Letting Mr Darcy know that I am on his team, actively listening to him,  encouraging him and advocating for him made a huge difference to us. -- yes I agree @Former-Member

make someone feel like people are against them? -- @Mon0497, my mr shaz has inherited depression, MMD, Bipolar 11 and he feels like people are against him and thinks they are talking about him

Hello @greenpea, @Crkirby69, @Lilyq

HI @greenpea

We are home, she has been having ECT.

It seemed like a miracle, the first three treatments were amazing. Results seemed to be immediate.

Then her mood changed after the fourth but the hospital said because it worked so well the first week she is well enough to go home. The dr's have decied it is her hormones. Yes I can see that but I had hoped for a more settled soul.

A depot med, and some ECT as an oupatient and she has been discharged.

I have a few questions, given its her first time with depot, should she have some cover for the first two weeks? as I have read or will her other anti psychotics cover this?

The last two days have been tough, ECT in two days, maybe her hormones will settle.

The saddest thing for me is that although I see glimpses of my beautiful funny girl I am terrified she will never be the same again.

Thanks for listening

@Mon0497 Hi Mon0497 some positive news on your daughter which is great to see. Don't worry I am not sure her other anti psychotics will cover the first two weeks. Can you ask her psychiatrist?  I don't have any first hand experience with depot but I know @eudemonism does and may be able to help with your questions. 

I have to be honest here and speak for myself .... my mi has changed me forever. I will never be the same again ... but with loving people around me I am doing okay. Your beautiful daughter with you standing beside her has the best chances in the world to beat her mi.

Promise me that you will look after yourself during all of this. Carers need tlc as well otherwise they just burn out. Love greenpea xx

Thank you @greenpea,

Lovely words, and wonderful positive support.

Mon0497 

@Mon0497 the depot takes some adjusting to... it doesn't fix everything that's for sure... there is huge mood fluctuations with the depot on it's own...

And yes I'd say any mental illness can make someone feel like people are against them. I've been through those thoughts many times. I just had to accept my new life and my new friends. And leave my old life and old relationships behind. However I also had to start looking at my old life and old relationships differently. For instance, not being worried about who i used to be, not worrying about all the mistakes I had made, got counselling to help with some of that stuff, stopped trying to be a normal person who fit in with the crowd, built a whole new life basically. 

Every now and then. I'll bump into old friends. And i really have to be abrupt about my condition and firm about not wanting to be involved with these people any more. Because it was just no good for me. Of course though. I needed other relationships to turn to for support. 

Thanks @eudemonism

Seeing the mood going up and down very rapidly but hoping she will settle.

It's hard knowing when to step back or trying to be supportive.

Learning Curve for all of us.

xo

@Mon0497 just let me know if you wanna know any more about my experiences with the system and the depot...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance