Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

Thinking of you @Smc

Thinking of you here also @Smc

Me too ❣️

@Smc

@Smc  💐

Hello all... unplanned internet silence since Friday due to a technical problem.

@Former-Member, the garage sale didn't go ahead both due to not quite being ready and internet being down meant I had no means of publicising it anyway. To avoid the problem of early callers and dealers bargain hunting, I was going to put up posts on local FB pages just before we were ready. Will still do it that way, but another weekend...

Internet being out also means our phone was out, and our mobile was out of credit. Since we don't usually use the mobile at home (poor reception, and we've got a landline, why would we?? 😉 ) I kept forgetting that we needed to buy a top up. Finally remembered on Monday, so we rang Older Daughter that night. She's been managing attending the groups, finding it hard, but at least she's doing it. I explained why we hadn't been in touch, turns out that she's found the "phone silence" helpful anyway, so we've arranged to ring her again later this week, and she can call us if she really wants to talk sooner. That's a big change. Some of her other clinic stays, she's been ringing us frequently for emotional backup.

Am hoping it's positive change, but will admit that any change makes me a bit nervous. It'll depend on the reason behind the difference.

@Determined, @Faith-and-Hope, @Shaz51

@Smc

Trust changes are positive; hope mixed with concern. 

@Smc

Trust the changes are positive long term

Thinking of you. 

Me too @Smc ....🎉💕

@Smc

Trust things are progressing positively for your daughter. 

Thinking of you and family.

@Determined, she rang up today feeling a bit lost and lonely, hoping we could visit this weekend. We're thinking that might be too short notice for us to do, but we'll see about heading down during the week instead. The clinic she's at is within walking distance of a suburban train station, and it will be easier to do if we don't have to tackle road traffic.

Had a meeting with a lady from the local mental health team yesterday. At long last, we've had the opportunity to fill her in on Older Daughter's childhood and our family background. We covered so much, but still walked out remembering things we'd missed. Hopefully if she spots gaps that need filling in, she'll ask us.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance