Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Winter solstice

Hi @Dimity , I think what you're doing IS enough. You are maintaining, and not adding to the clutter but gradually reducing it. I admire you. 

Overall, my clutter is growing slowly as I add boxes to the shed. I've added only about 28 boxes over 6 years, but still, it's a burden. 

I didn't know you are going to try EMDR with your psychologist. (Or did I forget?) I've heard good things about it. 

I'm glad you look forward to catching up with your family at Christmas...I hope it goes well. 

@Appleblossom wrote:

Gradually doing my weaning and reducing of time being on Sane.  Eventually I am planning on a weekly check in. 

How come you're reducing your time here? Are you leaving us? 😢 @Appleblossom  

Not leaving @NatureLover but I really felt I was addicted to logging onto the forum. I needed to stop being on automatic with it, but develop better plan for my day. I am happier with my daily activities and goals now. I still love being part of this community. Just not everyday.

Gently walking with you Dimity.

@Dimity 

Opening up trauma had me very very vulnerable earlier in the year.  It seems worth it in the long run.  You are kind to your garden and your family.  Be extra kind to you while going through it.

I'm glad you are looking after yourself @Appleblossom 

It's great to get an update from you and that things are getting better 🙂

You deserve it!

Thanks @tyme Had a lovely day and planning a good year for 2024.

Thankyou my esteemed friends @NatureLover @Appleblossom .

I'm checking in too often at present and settle to reply somewhat less, once I marshal my thoughts. 

Re trauma therapy it's new to me and I'm a bit fragile at present. Trying to be optimistic but aware it might be too difficult unless I can find coping strategies. I've had few models for TLC and selfcare and that's sad 

@NatureLover it's true I've been trying to reduce the box count but I may have more than 3 times as much as you if I include drawers and shelves.

I'm poised on the fulcrum - to go up or down, but hopefully finding an active balance. I should start to see progress in the next month. That it's the new year is coincidental.

@Appleblossom wrote:

Not leaving @NatureLover but I really felt I was addicted to logging onto the forum. I needed to stop being on automatic with it, but develop better plan for my day. I am happier with my daily activities and goals now. I still love being part of this community. Just not everyday.

Thanks for explaining @Appleblossom ...that makes sense. I'm glad you're not leaving entirely. 

Hi @Dimity , I'n sad to hear you haven't had many models for self care or TLC. I hope you can find some strategies to deal with the trauma unlocking 🤞

All good @NatureLover 

I have spent a lot of time over many years here. My personal feelings and some of my family situations have shifted in 8 years.  It is also good to reflect on all the people I have "met" and the changes I have been through since I joined.  Sharing and meeting people really helped me break through my isolation at the time.

@Dimity People have so many ways of doing self care.  Listen to your feelings, accept them and do whatever you need to do. I have my patterns.  I have a loose structure of food prep.  Somehow I gently keep that going so that whatever I feel is cocooned by healthy eating.  In last few years I have too many "treats" hmmm.  Working on the right level... lol.  Same with rest and exercise.  Distraction etc on social media or movies is not a big thing for me, but is for many.  Last night I did watch many episodes of an sbs series. The Teach. lol  It is pretty rare, maybe every few months.  Listening to music might work for many, but for me it needs to be active music making.  Just sending you gentle hugs.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance