Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Winter solstice

I’m ok @tyme 

haven’t felt like chatting recently

been trying to jiggle a few things and my brain has gone …. Nope, can’t cope with all this.

trying to learn a new hobby and been trying few things related at home.  When show some one who is experienced in the area what I’ve done, feels like all she says is negative things and pointing out faults.  Been causing some emotional flashbacks and feeling overwhelmed and lack of interest in lots of things, especially the new hobby.

Couple days ago knew I needed to get out of the area where I live.  Went for drive and spent few hours walking through a large local second hand store which helped.  Now waiting on outcome of building inspector report to see how much of my home will need to be redone/rebuilt.

Sounds like a heavy burden to bear. I'm sorry to hear that what people have said has been bringing up memories and flashbacks. It sounds so hard to sit with.

It's totally okay if you don't feel chatty. Please know we are here for you.

I hope the building report is kind to you.... it's so stressful. I'm getting a new roof built for my garage tomorrow and that in itself was about $20k.... it's not easy at all.

Feel free to tag me if you need an ear. @Patches59 

Hugs. And hugs to your cats.

@tyme @Patches59 I need to get some repairs and renovations done but don't know where to start. 

@Dimity  depending on exactly what needs to be done a handyman might be good starting point eg Jim’s, Hire AHubby, Grey Army etc

@tyme  With my home being in a lifestyle village, building inspection has been emailed to couple of specific staff within the firm who run the lifestyle village.  Have they review the report tradesman etc who are currently employed under contract by them have to fix everything.  only positive thing is I won’t need to pay anything to get my home up to building standards.

For me this includes 30+ items ranging from correctly securing the colourbond room (including correctly fastening screws in every pre drilled hole and not leaving pre drilled holes without screws in some) to sealing and painting tops of internal doors.

One big item involves hardiplank on external walls that not having been cut too short by original builder in one area and in various spots on the walls, the hardiplank is lifting or warping including couple of pieces just above ground level.  Due to a shower floor tile plus being cracked plus a leaking shower (plus couple items relating to water proofing), it appears my shower will need to be removed and completely replaced starting from new water proofing.  

one of my neighbours is finally getting similar items fixed in their home …. They have been here approx @12mths longer than me.

@Patches59 I'm starting by getting the gutters cleaned, then I'll check for water damage.

Wow @Patches59 . That's a lot!

It sounds like your neighbours have been asking for a while now.

Do you have a rough estimate of how long it will take?

No idea @tyme 

Today I received a message saying a tiler will be on site and, if I’m home, will look at the tiles.  Only time I’ll be home tomorrow is from 11is to 3ish.  Not putting my cats in their carriers, for their safety, just in case a tiler comes.

building inspector told me that due to crack in one tile in the shower, that my entire shower will need to be removed, including all the tiles. Once that has been done new waterproofing to be applied before new tiles laid.  

What a headache! I'm not sure I've mentioned I just got a new roof and that was enough headache.

I'm hearing you about the shower. I reckon I'll need to redo my shower soon. @Patches59 

I guess for me, I can't complain... I'm not a handy person. I can't so it on my own.

Renovating is beyond me. I'd like to start with cellular blinds but would need to clear space for measuring and installation.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance