Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What it's really like to live with schizophrenia // Tues 22 May, 7pm AEDT

yes thank you @greenpea, had the day off today kind of

As a carer, or even someone who might be experiencing life with schizophrenia, how do you cope?-- yes that is a good question @Helen26, my husband is not Diagnosed with schizophrenia, , but has negative thought all day and everyday ,

sorry @Sandy1, @Former-Member, my husband has been diagnosed with lots of things and me coping with his negative thoughts all the times

Re: Topic Tuesday // What it's really like to live with schizophrenia // Tues 22 May, 7pm AEDT

I'm sorry to hear that is the case with doctors and the diagnoses

Is it in terms of legal/ethics that diagnoses are not fully explained?

@zandibrot Yes you are right it is a fav of mine and yes poor Ian ....

Hi
I am new here and following with interest. My daughter had her first episode of psychosis earlier this year. She kept things to herself. She did not act out on her delusions nor did they ever enter into any of our conversations. I am baffled that they never emerged given they were so real to her.
I am happy to say she seems to be recovering well.....apart from being tired from the medication.

Hi @zandibrot,

Great to have you along and sharing with us. Everyone's experiences are so different and unique and sometimes some people can find that a definition does help them, others may not need it. The important thing is noticing what is right for you and your loved one as you continue to manage mental health. 

@MelbourneWoman7

When I first became unwell I didn't know what to do or who to believe. But when I eventually saw a psychiatrist it was helpful because their diagnosis set in train treatment that i didn't always understand or think was necessary for me. I hade to learn to trust my friends and the people who were treating me. and when i did that, a game plan was put in place to help me. So we don't always know that me might need to except the help of others including professional help.

Could you please tell me how I can ask a question on here

There is a book I read called Making Sense of Voices by Marius Romme and Sandra Escher that details really good psychosocial strategies for coping with voices. 

Personally I have encountered stigma, discrimination,  systemic poverty that have also make my life more problematic than it used to be

I feel like i ask the questions over and over again to the doctors and i still dont feel i understand. I dont know if its me or not being explained well. I feel like a broken record saying i dont get it.

@Mumstheword

glad to hear there is some light at the end.....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance