Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Challenge of the day!

think read all/most of Colin thiele @Teej  we did Sunshine on the Stubble in primary school think, not that I remember anything about the book lol I remember Uncle Gustavs ghost which didnt reaaly like and Dew on my Boots as an adult. Think father owned that. He loved it as could relate, having lived and worked on farms in same area albeit 20 or so years after period book set in think

@Shaz51 Thats so interesting about the funny flowers being vincas. Vincas are one of my fave annual flowers in my part of the world. And yes I don't have to plant them because they pop up each year in loads of my pot plants. I can see why they'd be called a weed in your area. 

Agree with your definition of a weed @Appleblossom  😊

I love your phots with the titles @Former-Member . The pictures  really Reflected the titles you gave them. 

@Mazarita Thank you for joining in. I hope to see you around with these challenges but understand if you miss a patch. The same goes for everyone else. I also appreciate the catch up ones you posted. 
The weed you posted grows in nearly all my pot plants once the heat turns down in Autumn. I've been pulling them out of mine. I liked your idea of keeping them as a pretty part of your pot plant. 
And I knew you had an affinity with what you can see around you so I loved your sky pic. @Appleblossom I also smiled at you and cat looking at the night sky. There is something really calming even reading about someone doing that. 

@Snowie That is so amazing you still have your childhood books. It looks like your fave might be shared by many as well. 

oh @Maggie That's a good one too. It looks like it might be your copy too although I could be wrong. I didn't get into peter rabbit until I had my kids. 

@Owlunar I wish I'd read 'the secret garden'. I think I'd might have enjoyed it. It's just been remade as a movie again which I think I'd like to see. 

yep @Lee82 Roahld Dahl is a favourite with many. I know the choose the ending books you were talking about. I think I bought one for my kids once. It was a great idea and like having two books in one. 

@eth That weed is often here as well. I didn't know you could eat it. You learn something new every day 😊

Your hallelujah sky pic is AMAZING. I follow a Facebook group called weather obsessed which is great for amazing cloud and sky pics. I had never heard of Miss Molly Mandy before. 
Fun Fact - did you know they changed the characters names in the far away books to be more politically correct. Your garden would be amazing to see.....and eat. That's my one day plan. My first season of growing veggies this year was a dismal failure but I learned lots. I have successfully grown cherry tomatoes and basil this season. 

Glad to have you along. 

@Shaz51  you don't need a photo. You can just post a title or a one phrase answer if you want. I want this to be as easy as possible to joint in. 

@Windflowers Welcome to the forum. So glad you could join us. AA Milne was a very clever author. I'm glad you have lovely memories of sharing this with your nana. 

@Faith-and-Hope . That series is another I hadn't heard of. So glad you found the kick starter. The Kickstarter for one of mine was 'Captain Underpants' books 😆

@Exoplanet So thrilled you joind in. What an amazing pic of the rainbow and misty rain. I love the meme. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Former-Member
Not applicable

Where to See the Northern Lights in Sweden Northern Lights in Sweden @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I am really enjoying learning about ages of reading diff books.  I caught up a lot of kids reading as an adult.

Heart

Am also loving all the flourishing green growth.

So for the first time in my life .... da da da da ...

I will be obstreperous ...

and say

is't it great that there is less green snot in the world ...

Smiley Tongue

Smiley Very Happy

CA122B6C-D75E-444E-ABED-E75CE5C4DA80.jpeg

My greenery includes snow of course!

arborvitae-w-snow-sparrows-big-5a00f60db39d030019171b60.jpg

OMG @Faith-and-Hope Just looked up Junie series, thought I wish I had read that to my kids, and saw it was in banned kids books list ...

@TABCaught up on Colin Thiele

late in life.  WOuld have liked it as a kid.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance