Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

I am watching the rugby at the moment @Shaz51 - it is half time and my Eels have had a great game so far. Watched a couple of crime shows earlier that I taped as well.

Good morning everyone! @Zoe7 @Mazarita @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @eth @CheerBear  @Adge  @Exoplanet and all who pass by on this chilly Tuesday morning. Will be heading out soon but was wondering if there was anybody up and about to have a chat.  Been up for hours:o!!!  Oh well what can you do. Have a great day people xxxxx

Up at silly o'clock @greenpea but going to try to get back to sleep. Emjoy your walk little pea Smiley Very Happy

@Zoe7  Thanks Zoe7 hope you get some more sleep :)xxx

Got another couple of hours sleep @greenpea but could do with some more. Not the best night for me so will probably have another np later this morning. Hope you had a good walk little pea Smiley Very Happy

Goodmorning @eth What is on the agenda for today? Are you back to water Tai Chi yet?

Good morning @greenpea @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Adge @CheerBear (haven't seen you lately, hope you're going ok) @outlander @Exoplanet  and anyone else around here today.  Sending wishes for a calm day with things going according to plan for you all.

Yesterday boofhead was a jerk again, calling out the dog's name loudly over the fence.  It's obvious he's out to cause mischief and provoke me but I won't interact with him no matter what he does.  I told my sil (who's in Holland) about the previous day and she said he's showing off for his girlfriend (visiting from Perth) and that soon she'll be gone and he'll be back on nightshifts and settle down.  I don't know about that but we'll see.  I will continue to put the dog inside when I go out.  Better safe than sorry.  But I am sure he was drunk the day before and also sounded super elevated - loud and rapid speech etc.

Sil added that she's determined not to let him wreck her special holiday, which sounds like she'd rather I not tell her the details of her brother's behaviour.  At least I have a support worker today who can come next door with me while I take care of the vegie garden.  It's on the back half of the block where he lives in the house at the front.  SW today is my favourite one and will be good to talk to about this problem.

I know it is hard for you @eth with the way boofhead is behaving so having your sw there today to talk with will be really good for you. I hope your time in the garden is drama free and boofhead stays comlpetely away. I hope your SIL is right and he settles down once his girlfriend hs left - fingers crossed for that for you Hon Heart

Hi and thanks @Zoe7   I could rave some more about how boofhead is affecting me but there wouldn't be much point.  Lets just say I'm locking myself and dog inside at twilight each evening. 

How are you today?  What do you have planned?

I will do some gardening while the sw is here and also want to return some cane baskets I bought yesterday.  My sister suggested getting them to put under my bed for extra storage and also to block the view of all the other schrapnel that's under there.  I bought too hastily, hadn't measured the space, and they were just 3 cm too big.  Luckily they're from Big W and I can get a refund.  Then we'll go looking for something the right size, maybe at the hypermarket that's a bit further away.  Might also replace the ugly melamine shelves I have if I see something suitable that I can afford.  When I got them I thought I'd paint them but paint doesn't hold on the melamine.  It will be nice to spruice the cabin up.  Even the new rug makes it feel much better.

Went to bridge yesterday.  Nearly cancelled but I'm glad I went.  The ladies at my table are going to go to a play session at the club on Tuesday nights and invited me and offered me a lift.  So during the session I was anxious about that and had to say no at the end of the session.  I just don't feel ok about going out at night while the others are away.  It was a bit embarassing but they were nice about it.  It's really tricky for me navigating being in new social groups where it's not specific to people with MH challenges and I am doing it without a sw.  I want to disclose as little as possible.  Maybe it's a bit like that for  you with school staff too?  How do you deal with it?

Hope I haven't missed you with this long post xx

@Zoe7  sorry I didn't answer you ... tai chi is off for today and friday this week, then will be back on next week.  Really missing it.  Actually got on the ex bike yesterday and will do so again shortly.

If I've missed you I hope you have an excellent day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance