Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Old Habits

sending you tender hugs @BlackCat13 xxxx

Hello @Zoe7, @outlander, @TAB, @utopia xxxxxxxx

@Shaz51Thank you

TAB
Senior Contributor

Sometimes that is an achievement @BlackCat13 ok now I know my biggest achievement today ok no . Ringing instead of texting to say not doing any work this week. Well didn’t know had work. Found out by chance then cancelled it as not feeling up to it

how are you today @BlackCat13, please remember you are not alone my friend , please eep writttinh to us xxx

Hello @Shaz51. How are things today?

Here come the headaches and tension...what I call my apprehensive anxiety. My parents arrive tomorrow and won't be leaving until Monday. Time to steel myself for throw away downer comments from my father, no alone time to decompress and faking it 24/7 until they go home. All that and I still have 2 work days this week and I am still having to take my anxiety medication just to walk into school each morning. Once I am there and teaching I kick into robot mode where I just function without thinking until the home bell rings then like a switch turning off I'm drained and just want to get home to being away from people and just be with my cat.

That is a really tough position for you to be in @BlackCat13 Smiley Sad

I know those days when you are on auto-pilot and then crash as soon as the bell goes. It is hard to then do the extras you need to do - marking, planning, etc. and to have to deal with your parents staying for 5 days on top of that is super hard. Feeling for you Heart

Why am I such a glutton for punishment???? Why do I always seem to sabotage myself?

Mistakenly checked my work email about an hour ago to find an unhappy parent email because the class teacher passed along my comments about their child's behaviour and now all I can think about is not going to work for the rest of the week and hiding away inside my four walls. Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

I totally understand where you are coming from. As a teacher I am fielding several complaints (none with any substantial basis) each week. It makes me feel unappreciated, alone and confused. I’ve been teaching for nearly 20 years but this cohort have been particularly whiny parents. I relate to wanting to hide within the four walls. I’m hearing you.

Oh so so so true. I’m a teacher too and I couldn’t agree more.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance