Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

stan
Senior Contributor

notsure i can share my story

hello, im new on here-not sure i can tell my story-its just too friggin bizarre- you might think im crazy!!

13 REPLIES 13
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: notsure i can share my story

Welcome to the Forums @stan!

I do hope you are able to share your story - even though it can be a little challenging sometimes (and may seem a little crazy!).

I hope this community becomes a place where you can connect and find support. If you get a chance, have a look around and read some of the stories and experiences others have shared, as they can be quite inspiring and uplifting. Our experiences is an area of the forums which may be beneficial for you to visit and have a read of!

If you are having difficulties wording and expressing your story, here is an example of how @hazelhawk has put together their story and experiences. 

I hope you find this helpful! Welcome again! Smiley Happy

Ya bet! ... Here we can have competition over who is the most loopy. There can be sadness and maybe humour and compassion in the sharing.

Hi there and welcome to the forums!! @stan

lol @Appleblossom

I dont think you need to share anything really to be a part of these forums! 😄 Everyone is welcome here and you can look thorugh old posts or contribute to some that are already running. and start new ones if you want to! People on here are friendly and welcoming.

LJ

Yeah .. wot she said ...Woman HappySmiley EmbarassedCat SadRobot FrustratedWoman Wink

I'll share a true story see what u thinK?

He was in another room. The walls were covered in paintings, Drawings, colours, arts.

Frank was aware that there were several other people with him. His vision was blurry.
This was real. He was there. He was certain.

Nice hades Frank, said man, with a very high forehead, and wispy blonde hair on the sides of his head.

I'm sensitive to lights, Frank said, I've been sleeping. Frank was wearing a pair of shades day and night. The light effected him.

Good. I bet you feel better after sleep. We were worried about you. You didn't sleep for 72 days Frank.

No. Who are you mr Mark, Frank asked.

I'm Carl, this is the art room.

As Carl said that, a woman came up to Frank and held his arm.

I send thoughts through the lightbulbs she said, looking up at the light.
Do they send thoughts back?, Carl asked her.

The woman let go of Franks arm, and giggled like a small girl stop then wandered away.

FREQUENCY- Awooo, the voice said. It was John.

Would you like some paper and pens? Carl asked, handing Frank a huge sheet of white paper, and a bag of different coloured, assorted pens.

What do I draw?, Frank asked, Carl looking at the giant white canvas.
Anything you like Frank. It’s art, everything is allowed.

Frank paused for a few moments.

I've broken so many laws. I don't think I'm allowed to draw.
Yes, you are Frank, you are allowed to draw.

Frank carefully scrutinised Carl's face. Peering at him.
He sensed trust and understanding in Carl.

Last night there was a fly. Frank said. It had been buzzing around me, but I didn't really take much notice of it.
Then I noticed it. It landed on my knee. I was in my pyjamas, the ones that feel comfortable. Hello, I said to the fly.

You spoke to the fly?, Carl asked.
No. I thought it. I said hello in my head. I didn't move. Normally it would annoy me,
A fly, and I’d flick it away. I didn't. It just sat on my knee. Not moving, and I didn't move.
I wondered what the fly was thinking. What the world was like for the fly? What was in the mind of the fly?
How long had it to live? I don't know how long flies live. How long do flies live Carl?
I don't know Frank, Carl replied.

First, I thought it was just information. It's tiny little arms were moving very quickly stop gathering information,
I thought. It wasn't control UC. I was sure about that. Slowly, very slowly, I bent my face towards it.
Flies are very nervous creatures. It didn't move. I stopped thinking anything stop, it was just me and the fly.
I bent my face to the fly. Then I was so close, I licked its wings.
I licked the flies wings Carl. Then I knew.
Knew what?, Carl asked.
It was God. It's all God stop it's all one mind.
We are all in one mind. I was touched by God.

Frank heard the door open, then noticed a piece of paper on the table.

Yeah, you're right, You're right Frank, you're right. I'm going to see some other patients Frank.
Use the pens and paper and I'll be back over later, see how you're getting on okay?

Thanks Carl.

Carl left frank with the large sheet of white paper, and a bag of pens.

Frank emptied the bag onto the table, there was an assortment of colours and various types.
Red Cross, Cancer care, bank pens, Biros, felt tips, inks, ballpoints, pens, lots of pens.
Frank noticed the piece of paper again, he picked it up to read.

Just because I'm weak you can steal my dreams.
Put your hands inside my head.
And put your son there instead.
Love Doc. X. It was from Doc.

Frank remembered reading about someone who used red and blue pens to make arts.
Frank chose the red and blue pens.

He heard the door open.

Only his death would stop him, he thought.

Re: I'll share a true story see what u thinK?

Hi @stan

Thank you for sharing this story with us on the forums. As I mentioned to you in the other thread, writing and being creative can be a great way to express yourself.

There is another thread that you may be interested in if you havent come across it in your reading so far, called "A Peom? Maybe?", which has poems and other wrtings of members experiences.

I am a little concerned though about the last line of the story. I understand that this is a creative piece and sometimes when we write, we reflect on personal experiences. It is a way we can be true to ourselves and express the way we truely feel without constraints. While I dont want to read too much into this last line and want you to feel free to express yourself, I am wondering if this is an expression of how you are feeling?

I hope you will find the forums a supportive place for you to share your experience.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Rockpool

Thanks for your kind message Rockpool-no worries it's all just fiction! 

Content/trigger warning

Great thats good to hear. Happy writing Smiley Happy

I hope you save your creative pieces ... now that the door has opened ... writing or visual artwork .. in one spot as your collection grows .. so you dont lose it.  I am hopeless at drawing and get triggered by being confronted by a blank page ... I include words in my drawings .. it is not my artform of choice but I do work on it from time to time. 

My ex was into art and art therapy it can work for some.

I liked that your story was about encounters with insects, human, patient, doctor and the divine. Thanks

There is a genre called "creative non-fiction" which I particularly like ...

I did a lit degree but mostly prefer non-fiction these days ... so I prefer to think of your post as a true story

... there can be a great deal of time and life between the last 2 lines ... when the door opens ... and we need to be able to discuss death as it does happen to us all, in the end..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance