Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

yes my second Mum @Owlunar Heart

we have been married 13 years now , and the changes which have happened over those years 

to think what was happening 10 years ago when things went through the roof , wow 

still have ups and downs but the reactions are different 

and now he calls me "his Angel" 

I don`t think i am Smiley LOL

Thanks @Owlunar Yes I share much of your thoughts.

Feels like Black Friday (instead of Good Friday).

Squeaker my only tame Cockatiel (Weero) died last night.

He is very much missed....

Adge

I am so sorry @Adge 

That was going to be unfortunate whenever it happened - but right now - not good at all

So - considering the first Good Friday - yes - I think you can call it Black Friday this year and you will miss your bird

When I was first married my then-h had a cockatiel - thay have a lot of personality - did your bird talk and have little habits like dancing and asking for cornflakes as our bird did?

They are intelligent birds and you will miss him - I had two canaries - male German Rollers - with beautiful songs - and they both lasted 9 years - I loved them a lot and it is tough when pets pass on

I will be thinking of you - Black Friday indeed

Dec

I haven't been to church much in years either @Owlunar Perhaps strange for an ex-Monk.

I was expressing my heartfelt loss for those who do go - I heartily disagree with restricting religious practices (banning them).

I am surprised that the followers of Islam are not up in arms (rebelling) over this.

Adge

Squeaker my only tame Cockatiel (Weero) died last night., ohhh sorry to read that @Adge HeartHeart

Thank you @Shaz51 He was beautiful, called out to me to get my attention.

Squeaker loved looking at human faces, he followed your eyes.

He sang the "Squeaky Wheel Song", that's why I called him Squeaker.

I have 2 other Cockatiels, they are rather timid - they don't want you close to them.

Adge

Hi @Adge 

I think that the coronavirus doesn't respect anything - colour, race, creed, age, gender - orientation - degree of belief - anything - and to save ourselves and each other we have to self-islolate - and I am just starting my fourth week I think - I am starting to lose count

An ex-monk - eh - I hear you - I left the Anglican church for my own reasons having been to all the Anglican Churches in the area - I miss the worship - I truly do - but I am tired of putting up with conforming to certain social aspects of life to get it.

But we can worship at home - not quite the same though

Dec

Franciscan.

Saint Francis of Assisi, a great animal-lover.

He supposedly talked to the Birds & other animals.

One of the most inspiring Christian spiritual people of all time - Founder of the Franciscan Order.

Catholic News World : Saint October 4 : St. Francis of ...

interfaith « Sam's LifeLovely Art-works.

Perhaps fanciful, lovely all the same.

Tired of conforming to social aspects (re: church or religion) @Owlunar

I had similar, I get it.

I am very "liberal-minded", "ecumenical", inclusive, & quietly very non-conformist.

That does not go down well in conservative circles - bear in mind that I was a member of one the most "closed" conservative & strictest religious orders.

Simply for deciding to leave, with the intention of meeting some nice lady & getting married - I was told that I had abandoned God & would go to Hell.

The person who told me that, then became a Bishop.

I had not rejected any religion (my own), I was simply leaving the religious order....

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance