Skip to main content

Re: Winter solstice

I hope you're feeling better if you're sleeping better @NatureLover . I'm probably sleeping too much, once I settle and get to sleep (which can take ages).

I've wondered about taking the cat to the vet but he's there every 2 months anyway and I've asked for help before. I'll definitely follow up if he deteriorates. So far he has a couple of bad days then recovers.

Yes I've been taking shortcuts with meals when I should be more careful because it does affect my general health. I'm barely getting anything done, and tired of low level pain. Brain fog and dizziness don't help. When I'm not coping well I'm more upset by accidents and incidents,  and perhaps they happen more often. So it all builds up and I'm feeling quite unwell. 

I hope your new neighbour/s are nice. I don't see my next door neighbour these days but occasionally see the chap who lives opposite. 

Sorry to hear you feel so unwell @Dimity 😥 Your pain and dizziness and brain fog sound awful. 🫂

I'm feeling a little better for sleeping better, although I'm still not getting up early. Getting up early is when I function best. 

I think sleeping too much is better than not enough - what do you think? 

I'm hoping our new neighbour is a non-smoker. I've been unable to sit outside for the last 4 years as this neighbour was always out there smoking. So on Friday and Saturday I felt luxuriant being able to sit on my outside couch with coffee and a book, soaking up nature. 

I gathered you only had one nice neighbour? Is it the chap who lives opposite? 

Hoping you start to feel better soon...

I agree not sleeping is worst @NatureLover . I'm sleeping later than I'd like too.

I used to get on well with my nextdoor neighbour but he's become even more reclusive than he was. The chap opposite is new and quite nice. 

I'm glad you can enjoy time outside with a book. Sounds nice.

Take care.

R U Ok my friend @Dimity 😍

sitting with you 

Hello @Patches59 , @Ru-bee , @NatureLover 

I'm glad you have 2 nice neighbours, even if one is reclusive. 

Looks like the unit next door has been rented, as the ad came down today. Bit nervous about what new neighbour will be like. 

Have you been walking in the sunshine we've been having? 

@Dimity 

Hope you are OK. 

Hi @Shaz51 @NatureLover   

Not doing well (MH) and been struggling last couple months.  Feels like each time I get involved with something I enjoy eventually it gets taken away from me.  It hurts so much. Don’t have much fight left anymore.

One woman in one activity I used to enjoy badly triggered me couple months ago and I’ve not gone back to the activity since.  She sent me plummeting into fight/flight/freeze mode when things happened.  Walking past her home following few days had me physically shaking and wanting to hide.

In a different activity, this one I organise, there have been 4 people within the last 5 weeks decide to not come again, this leaving only one person wanting to attend and participate.

12months in my new home and having battles trying to get outstanding items done.  Having issues with volunteer organiser where I do voluntary work.  Her last message to me included “based on your health issues”.

feel like I’m drowning in a sea of blackness and there is no way out.  Had couple days last week where dark thoughts came into my mind and know part of me wanted to give into them and end the pain forever.

Panic attacks, subconscious worries of what will go wrong next, outside the forums don’t know who to trust anyone or who to talk to

Ohh hugs @Patches59 🥰 hugs my friend 🧡 Sitting with you 

Hello @Jynx , @Dimity , @NatureLover , @rav3n 

Looks like S2 has Keratoconus

Aww @Patches59 big hugs to you dear, I am so sorry to hear that things have been such a monumental struggle for you of late. I know for myself, sometimes if everything is a bit of a struggle it means my resilience gets lowered, meaning that it becomes that much easier for me to be triggered or end up in a meltdown. And it sounds like this kinda stuff is hitting you from all sides too. I am hearing as well, how scary it can be to get hit by those SI thoughts, especially if they haven't been around for a while. I got hit with some not too long ago, after about 5 years without. Really threw me!

I'm glad you decided to reach out and let us know that things are a bit of a struggle. Is there anything we can do to support you in this time? Do you have a safety plan and everything all good to go?

Here for ya hun, and sending you some big, squishy hugs 🫂💜

Aww no @Shaz51 is glasses enough to manage or will he need laser or something?

No, gone too far @Jynx 

He will need surgery 

Waiting game now