Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: SANE Forums Responsive project: Ask technical questions & report bugs here

One thing I noticed, @NikNik@Lauz is that on each thread page, we have to scroll to the bottom to go to the next or previous page. Previously this option was both at the top-right and the bottom of pages of posts. Not having it at the top means we are more likely to miss reading back into recent posts in a thread. Hope this makes sense. I am using desktop access of the forum, not sure about the mobile format.

I have found that too @Mazarita. The chance to reorder pages to the newest first helps a bit to overcome this initially......but on the mobile especially there is lots of scrolling to get to the bottom of the page to find the page number links. Sometimes it’s better to read from the last read post to make sense of the conversation. 

I do want to reiterate though the site is working much faster and smoother. I really like it. Just finding the different bits and the ones I realised I used lots before that are not so easy to access. 

Hey @Mazarita and @Teej - I have fed back the note on pages being only at the bottom - will get back to you on this. 

@Teej I am looking into that image question. Do you mean you can't access your already uploaded images or when you go to reuse an image from your uploaded images in a new post - you can't? Sorry for the questions - the more info the better!

@Lauz 

In the past when you go to upload an image you have the choice to from your uploaded images or to browse and find a new one to post. I often used the from my uploaded images tab. It appears now you have to upload a new one on mobile. I haven’t tried from my tablet or desktop yet to see if it works there. I used to access the desktop site from my phone to use those features but that is no longer available (I understand this is because it’s a responsive design now so there are not multiple versions). 

Just seeing what happens with your issue, @Teej, when I do it on desktop...

Here is an image I chose from my 'saved photos' (a group of forum members trying out their new style forum, lol)...

we are family

This is what it looks like to use...

SANENewForum01.jpg

Notice, @Lauz, that the 'done' button on the bottom right of the screen, bunches up with the layout icons there. That's a bug.

Otherwise it all works okay for me on desktop.

Thanks @Mazarita. That’s helpful to know. Interesting there is a bug. It might be why I can’t see the upload from saved photos tab. 

Dear Tech savvy peoples how do you move your old custom tag into the new tag area   ?? Stressed out pea 😞 Thanks in advance xxxx

Hiya @greenpea. I consider myself a little tech savvy but ......... I’m not sure how to do that properly. I’m not sure how everyone else has gone but I tried to redo mine to help you and it made a dogs breakfast out of it so I had to cancel it before I messed mine up. I don’t think you are the only one having this issue. I think others might be too. 

@NikNik@Lauz is this a glitch too that’s known. I know @Lauz struggled with hers too and even @NikNik is missing some body parts 😜🤣@greenpea You are not alone.

i hope the pea feels less stressed out by this knowing it’s not just her 💜🤗

so sorry for the edits 😳:face_with_rolling_eyes:

I'm having a little trouble sometimes getting to the bottom of a thread to go the the page/pages before. When I scroll down it can stop loading half way through a thread, and then it will bounce me back to the top of the page. I used to have this issue sometimes with the older version, but it was less of a problem with the page numbers set at the top as well as the bottom of a thread as I could navigate around this a bit easier. Like Mazarita and I think Teej, I found it easier to have the page numbers available at the top and bottom.

Also, I am wondering what custom tags are? I haven't seen this before and now there is a drop down list at the bottom of each post.

And (sorry for all the questions!) checking whether there is an option to change the default folder that uploaded images go to (it looks like it's set to profile pic folder at the moment)? I like my images stored in a hidden album for a few reasons so I would like to know whether I will need to move an image manually once I upload it.

Thanks ☺
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance