Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Sorry to hear that @Former-Member

I know you have had some concerns and you have been in my thoughts but haven't wanted to pry. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined

As I have alluded to Mr D's BPii Dx was the best one that I could reconcile with his symptoms when I started to look things up although I have always 'reserved judgement' so to speak as it has always been thought atypical. Due to recent circumstances it has become apparent to me that the treating team quite possibly think he has a rarely diagnosed form of Sz, it is one that I may have trouble getting my head around as Dx criteria not at all straightforward, but in the back of my mind I am wondering ...

In recent research I came across a paper and a talk about medication in BPD, might help you - author was a Dr Silk, think there may be a you tube talk but have not listened to it.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.co...

@Former-Member have had a bit oa look at the doc thankyou, some of it makes senes and I can see a general psttern but finding it hard to concentrate on much at the moment so will have to come back to it sometime in the near future...

Darling has a review with pdoc (mostly tomlook at blood test results), unsure if I should go along and query any increased dose or not. Feeling overly emotional at the moment so not sure how I would come across. 

Hey Bro, am praying for you heaps, that you will have clarity and wisdom, sometimes it is best to trust our intuition.

To be emotionally depleted is exhausting @Determined

@Former-Member

I went with my darling to her pdoc appointment yesterday at her request. it went  ok...

Current dose remained the same, I made the observation that I felt there was a regression after the last dose increase, pdoc dismissed it with the blood levels were not correct and needed to be increased,  

I am happy that the new med is working in that the thoughts of suicide have passed but still maintain she was doing much better (energy and motivation wise) on the lower dose. just have to wait and see if this improves.

She actually went out and did some mowing this morning while I am at the uni working on group assessment, that in its self is an improvement as she has lacked the energy and motivation for a while. 

Good to hear on other thread that Mr D out and about also. 

hopes it improves @Determined for you and your darling

mr shaz has been outside today doing maintence around the house , afternoon off now

It could be if there is a good response that the pdoc might be thinking of dropping one of the other meds @Determined so they might be aiming for documented optimum levels rather than base therapeutic levels.

How are things with MIL @Determined?

Can I gently encourage you to deal with one bit of clutter today?

I know you are feeling emotionally depleted but I did notice earlier on that a date night was touted as part of couples counselling. Do you find you can still talk about things when alone?

MIL finds out more about treatment oprions on Friday @Former-Member
Joining some dots I am more than a little concerned about future prospects.

Re clutter today... I am at uni working on group assessment.
Not hetting much done unfortunately as have picked up cold and feelimg poorly. Bub not hood either so have been uo most of last night with him. Tired as well as head cold and cough 😵

Oh @Determined, you have not had a good gut feeling re: MIL all along, will be sending up a few extras for you all.

I do hope your cough does not develop into the man flu ....

I am such a nag Bro, feel free to remind me of this from time to time 😀😀😀 but I know when thing are rough it is hard to chip away at things that will make us feel even a small sense if achievement.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance