Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What online peer support looks like // Tues 16th July, 7pm-9pm AEST

Goodnight @BlueBay  Heart rest well, I hope the headache dips off.

Re: Topic Tuesday // What online peer support looks like // Tues 16th July, 7pm-9pm AEST

Yes, that's right @nashy 

Gee @MDT! That is not good. I am so sorry you had this experience, it really is invalidating to have these interactions within the MH sector. Definitely glad you have the self-awareness and ability to reflect and realise how not okay that statement was on her behalf. Thank you for sharing this Heart

Totally with you on this @MDT 

Often the best I can offer is to acknowledge what the person is saying by saying I saw your post, thinking of you. More authentic, and much better than meaningless platitudes.

That nurse sounds the pits Smiley Mad

Hi everyone 👋

Sorry I am late.  Something came up with one of my kids.

Welcime @whatsinaname @Former-Member ....

Just reading along at the moment.  I am hearing a lot iof helpful suggestions and observations, and I love hearing when people are comfortable to speak out about what works or doesn’t for them.  It broadens the communal perspectives and makes us all think .... reconsidering our approaches and ideas sometimes.  That’s actually what helps create an empathetic community, in my thinking anyway.

hello @eth  Smiley Very Happy

Spot on @eth And in fact, self-care is so important if we really desire to help others. Without it we're running on a half tank or sometimes an empty tank and can find ourselves negatively contributing to the wellbeing of not only ourselves but also those we care about.

@nashy
happy to be here, just wish i could contribute abit more tonight

totally true @Faith-and-Hope 

We have two questions left to squeeze into the next 30 mins 🙂 So, to the next Q! Reflecting on affirmations within our online community..

Affirmations help build people’s confidence in their ability to change the things they want to change. But to be effective they have to be genuine and consistent.

What sort of affirmations do you appreciate hearing from others?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance