Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What online peer support looks like // Tues 16th July, 7pm-9pm AEST

Hello @Faith-and-Hope  I agree! And, as you mentioned, I also hope conversations like this snowball the empathy across the online peer space. Thank you for this.

Re: Topic Tuesday // What online peer support looks like // Tues 16th July, 7pm-9pm AEST

I agree @Razzle some days all I can say is: I read your post, that sounds really rough...

Sometimes I have more to offer. But I know for myself, sometimes just acknowledgement that someone is out there and saw/heard what I said helps.

No drama at all @outlander  You contribute quite often & very consistently within the forums. Heart Enjoy this time as an observer 🙂

affirmations that are based on reality i think @nashy

so not just "oh you are great" but more like backing that statement up with something worthwhile and proof behind it - like small achievements, goals etc

I don't. 

@nashy   'You've got this' works for me most often.  But one of the special things about these forums is that people find so many ways to express affirmation of each other.  Way too many to list here.  I can think of so many examples just in the last few days.

@nashy

Nice one. Kind of like "You're so self-aware and genuine on your recovery journey." Relating to traits and qualities etc? @MDT 

@eth "You've got this" Heart and also the human condition possesses so much inner strength that it is actually quite true a lot of the time. We are capable of so much even with complex mental health challenges 🙂 Love this reflection, cheers.

For me, “I hear you ....” is probably the most powerful. It doesn’t fix anything, but we are here for connectivity. For some of us that is more social than for others, but either way it’s about voice.  It’s about being able to tell someone something g that you want to say, or want feedback on, or simply to vent that something you have experienced / are experiencing really sucks.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance